Terms & Conditions
Terms when purchasing a robot
- Satisfaction Period & Guarantee
- Use of Product
- Return of Product
General Terms of this Website
- Our right to refuse and cancel orders
- Payment options
- Promotions and offers
- Website and Payment Security
- Access of this website
- Intellectual Property
- Right to update these Terms and Conditions
- Consumers Guarantees Act
Robot Purchase Terms
a) The Robomate Purchase Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) is between you individually (“you” or “your”) and Robomate Limited (“Robomate”, “we”, “us” or “our).
b) These Terms apply to the Services we provide to all consumers or businesses with a Robomate Robot Vacuum. Specific terms may also apply to your specific promotion or offer. If your specific promotion, plan or offer is inconsistent with these Terms, the specific terms that are additional or are a variation to these Terms will apply as addendums or variations to these Terms. These Terms are effective once you have accepted these terms on our Shipping or Checkout page, or otherwise placed an order for Product with Robomate.
c) You must be 18 years or older and permanently residing in New Zealand to apply for finance.
2) Purchase Satisfaction Period
a) You will have a 30-day satisfaction period with the following conditions:
i) Only valid on robot vacuums purchased from Robomate within the last 30 days.
ii) You must return the product in ‘as new’ condition with all items, including packaging.
iii) Robot must be returned to Robomate within the 30 day period. A 10 day grace period may be extended at our discretion.
iv) This return offer is only valid once per customer, household, or address, unless approved prior in writing by us.
v) Accessories are excluded from this offer and our standard returns policy applies.
vi) You will need to repackage the robot as it was received, attach a courier label and ensure safe handover to the courier for return.
vii) Damage to any part of the product may invalidate this return offer.
viii) This offer is for genuine purchasers only, for the sole purpose of evaluating the performance of the robot. You must be willing to attempt to resolve any issues prior to returning the product.
ix) If you select any Finance or Pay Later provider as your payment method at the checkout, a 10% restocking fee may apply if choose to return the robot.
vii) If you wish to return the product:
(1) You must notify Robomate and organise the return, or collection by a courier, within 30-days of dispatch.
(2) You must include all accessories, instructions, and packaging. To protect the product, it must be repackaged the same way you received it.
b) If you do not return the product within the 30-day trial period:
i) You are liable to pay the full Purchase amount and this is non-refundable.
ii) You accept the performance of the Product.
Robomate retains full ownership, title and security over any Products until full payment has been received. You may not sell, change the title or place a security over the Product until receipt of full payment has been acknowledged by Robomate in writing.
4) Use of Product
a) The product may only be used in accordance with Neato or Robomate’s operating instructions.
b) You agree to read the operating manual, including the maintenance guide and abide by these instructions.
c) You agree to maintain your Product. It is recommended you use only Neato Genuine parts purchased from Robomate or an approved reseller, at your own cost. The must be replaced:
i) Filter every 3 months
ii) Brush every 9 months
Failure to use the Product according to these terms will void the Warranty.
You are agreeing to pay the full amount as agreed at the time of order, unless you have returned the Product in accordance with all the terms of our Free Trial. It is your responsibility to ensure full payment is made on time. We retain the right to assign any debts to a third-party. We retain the right to repossess stolen goods and pursue a criminal prosecution.
All late payments are subject to a $50 accounting fee and an additional $3 per day penalty until payment is received.
6) Return of Product
If the Product is returned for any reason, you agree to assist Robomate with its safe return. This may include preparing, packaging and delivering to a courier service.
We may request the return of any Product that we have not received full payment for. Failure to facilitate the return of Robomate’s property constitutes theft and we retain the right repossess stolen goods.
- Our aggregate liability for all claims under this Agreement is limited to NZD$5,000.
- In addition to this, we accept no liability for any damage caused by the Product in its operation, any lost time, profits or consequential damages. You agree to take reasonable steps to avoid, prevent or minimise any losses or damages.
- We accept no liability for failure in performance due to causes that are beyond our reasonable control, for example your electricity supply, an Act of God or any third parties. This clause will not, however, apply to your payment obligations under this Agreement.
- The limitation of liability in this section applies to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. For consumers, these limitations are subject to and do not limit your rights under the Consumers Guarantees Act 1993 and the Fair Trading Act 1986, if applicable.
- You accept liability to Robomate for your breach of this agreement or negligence.
- You are liable for the safe operation of the Product in its location. We are not liable for any direct or indirect injury, or damage to people, animals, or property.
- All Trials are subject to approval and availability and may be declined at our discretion.
- ‘The Product’ also includes any accessories.
- You accept that the Product may need manual care and assistance.
- We retain the right to subcontract or assign this agreement and any duties to a third-party without notice.
- You may not assign this Agreement either in whole or in part without our consent.
- You consent to Robomate conducting identity checks and credit checks through third parties at any time during the Trial Period.
- You must disclose the Products location on request during the Trial Period. At time of ordering your Trial you will disclose your address. This address is deemed to be the location of the Product throughout the Trial Period. If you move addresses, or you wish to move the Product to a new address during the Trial Period, you must advise Robomate in writing of your intention to move the product and the register the new address with Robomate.
- This agreement is governed by New Zealand Law and any monetary amounts are in New Zealand dollars and inclusive of GST.
- If you’re a consumer, the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 and Fair Trading Act 1986 also applies.
- Robomate has the right to remotely block software of the Product upon non-payment or theft of its property.
General Terms & Conditions
All use of this website, including any sales, are covered under these terms and conditions.
Information and other content
We endeavour to supply accurate information on this site; however, errors and omissions may occur. Robomate Ltd (“Robomate”) does not accept any liability, direct or indirect, for any loss or damage which may directly or indirectly result from any advice, opinion, information, representation or omission whether negligent or otherwise, contained on this site. We recommend doing your own research before purchasing any products as you are solely responsible for the actions you take in reliance on the content or accessed through this site.
Robomate makes no warranties to the fitness for purpose, freedom from computer virus, accuracy or availability of this web site or any other web site.
Robomate reserves the right to make changes to the content on this site at any time and without notice.
When you place an order with us, you are entering a contract to buy goods or services in accordance with these terms and conditions. An order is considered placed once you have been through the cart and checkout process and confirmed the order. By confirming an order, you have acknowledging a responsibility to pay us within 7 days. Once an order is placed it is subject to our cancellation and refunds policy.
We reserve the right to limit the number of items customers can purchase in a single transaction.
Our online store is for the sole use of end-users and retail customers. Wholesalers or resellers must disclose their intent and deal directly with Robomate staff. Visit our contact page for details.
We will send you an e-mail to confirm that we have received and accepted your order, which indicates that your order has been accepted and you may not cancel it unless it is covered under a separate agreement or trial.
We require payment from you prior to dispatching your order.
Refusing or cancelling orders
In the unlikely event that the goods or services ordered are no longer available we reserve the right to refuse or cancel an order. While we endeavour to be accurate in our lead times, we do not accept liability for late delivery.
We reserve the right of judgement to refuse or cancel any orders that appear to us to be fraudulent or for commercial purposes, disclosed or undisclosed.
We reserve the right to rectify pricing or stock errors, even if that means cancelling an order.
We reserve the right to cancel any order at our discretion and our right to cancel orders applies to orders that have been accepted.
We currently accept the following credit cards:
All prices listed on www.robomate.co.nz are in New Zealand dollars and are inclusive of GST. These prices are subject to change to change, without prior notice, at Robomate’s discretion.
Our prices are only valid to New Zealand buyers and do not include any charges payable by international customers.
Terms on deals
All offers are not applicable in conjunction with any other offer unless explicitly stated in writing.
Percentage (%) discounts are reduced from the standard retail price.
Website and Credit Card Security
We take care to protect your security and payments via our site are encrypted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol.
If you’re using a public or shared computer, make sure to log out and clear any saved data at the end of each session. Be wary of saving payment details for future use – never do so unless you’re on a secure, private-use computer.
Neato Vacuums – installation is to be completed by the customer. All vacuums come with installation manuals and set-up tutorials. The robot will self-map the house, but it is necessary to pick up clothes and other such small items that may jam the brush.
Installation is not included on any displayed prices unless explicitly stated.
We offer phone support to our customers, and will endeavour to resource this from New Zealand. However, we retain the right to update this service if necessary.
Accessing this website
You may not access our website except via internet browser on phone, tablet or computer. It is a breach of copyright and other laws to access or integrate this website into any other platform without written permission of a Robomate Director.
This website is a marketing tool to inform customers and allow access to our services. All claims are made to the best of our knowledge, except for clear ‘puffery’. We endeavour to provide accurate, relevant information to inform and educate site visitors however errors and omissions may occur. We recommend customers conduct their own research before purchasing as we do not accept liability for any damages or incorrect purchasing as a result of incorrect or incomplete information, whether by negligence or error. Certain phrases, such as ‘best’, may be subjective and depend on the specific requirements of each user.
Robomate reserves the right to make changes to the content on this site at any time and without notice.
The technologies we sell are constantly evolving and there may be slight feature or software updates that change the performance of the machine. We attempt to maintain our marketing and information up to date, however sometimes there will sometimes be discrepancies.
By purchasing any of our products, you accept that our manufacturers have the right to, and will, update the product. Typically these are improvements however sometimes bugs may occur. By purchasing any of our products, you accept these risks as normal and associated with products of this type.
Robomate, our partners and manufacturers own all copyright and other intellectual property in this site. Everything on this site, unless otherwise stated, is copyright.
Robomate is open to the use of this website for academic purposes, provided we are notified in advance.
No one may copy or redistribute this website, or any part of it, for any purpose, without the express written permission of Robomate.
There are external links to third-party websites on this website. These are outside the control of Robomate, and we accept no liability for their content or security.
To request permission to link to this website, please contact us – email@example.com. We require prior notice to ensure the integrity and security of our brand.
This website is governed by the laws of New Zealand.
Changes to this Agreement
These terms and conditions will be updated periodically, and Robomate reserves the right to make changes without prior notice. These terms will apply to your current order, however may have changed for future visits and purchases.
Consumer Guarantees Act
Refer to Consumer Guarantees Act for more information.